I am a former Finance Director, CEO, Non-Executive Director, Business School Professor and successful entrepreneur.
I have the following academic qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)(Applied Psychology) from the University of London
- MSc(Behavioural Sciences) from the University of Aston, for which I won prizes for Best Student and Best Dissertation
- PhD from the University of Wales, in the Personal and Corporate Behavioural Aspects of Strategic Change Management
I have the following professional qualifications:
I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, having won the British Institute of Management Prize for the Best Paper in Management Accounting in my Final examinations.
- I am an Associate Member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council
- I am a PRINCE2 trained Project Management Practitioner
- I am the author of more than eighty papers published internationally in academic journals
- I have held senior UK academic appointments at the Universities of Aston, Cardiff, RHUL and Imperial College, as well as Professorships at the French Business School Ecole des Affaires de Paris (EAP) and the University of Texas at San Antonio.
In addition, I have certificated qualifications in:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
All taken as refresher courses in pursuit of up to date CPD credentials.
Having successfully changed careers a number of times in my long working life, I understand the challenges of remaining focused on setting and achieving personal goals and their associated rewards, both material and psychological.
These life lessons have taught me to be relaxed and comfortable with myself, open-minded and empathetic toward others. I feel that I am well equipped to pass on these lessons to the next generation. I hope you will find me a warm, approachable, well-informed and practical resource who will contribute significantly to unlocking your potential to do anything you want to do.
I am also told that I have a good sense of humour.